New World LITTLE GARDEN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited is the promoter of the Little Garden Promotion (Promotion) and the Promotion is available at all New World supermarkets (New World) nationwide.
2. The Promotion runs for a limited time from Monday 12 September – Sunday 23 October 2016 or such earlier date as the stock of Little Garden seedling kit collectables (Collectable/s) has been depleted (Promotional Period).
3. By accepting a Collectable, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. Foodstuffs may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. A customer may choose not to accept any Collectable/s offered, but may not request any specific Collectable (see condition 8 below).
How do you qualify for a Collectable?
4. You must make a purchase at a New World store during the Promotional Period. Each time a customer makes an eligible purchase of $40 or more (spend excludes tobacco, cigarettes, gift cards, Christmas Club top ups, and Lotto purchases) in a single transaction (Eligible Purchase) at a New World store during the Promotional Period, you will be offered free of charge a Little Garden seedling kit containing; one biodegradable pot, one seed mat, one soil tablet and one seed description label.
5. The Little Garden seedling kit packaging contains growing and safety information.
6. There are 24 different herb and vegetable Collectables available for collection as part of Little Garden 2016.
7. A Little Garden seedling kit will be offered each time an Eligible Purchase is made (one x Little Garden seedling kit per $40 spent in one Eligible Purchase), for example if a customer spends $85 in one transaction they will be offered two free Little Garden seedling kits.
Collectables available on a random basis
8. Each Collectable is available on a random basis. The Collectables are pre-packaged in a box that doesn’t identify on the outside the specific herb or vegetable seen within, so a customer cannot request a specific Collectable and there is no guarantee that a customer will be provided with a different Collectable each time an Eligible Purchase is made. It is not possible for New World checkout staff to identify any specific Collectable and these cannot be swapped at the checkout once issued.
9. There are 24 different herb and vegetable seeds to collect and grow;
Lettuce, Cherry Tomato, Dill, Spring Onion, Spinach, Radish, Celery, Parsley, Basil, Kale, Eggplant, Cauliflower, Capsicum, Chives, Cress, Rocket, Chilli, Cabbage, Mint, Thyme, Fennel, Watercress, Carrot and Broccoli
Collectables not suitable for children under 3 years
10. The Collectables are not suitable for children aged under (3) three years, as they may contain small parts which could be a choking hazard. For this reason, Collectables should be handed to the adult customer by checkout staff; please do not be offended if it is not handed directly to your child.
11. Adult supervision is recommended at all times.
12. Little Garden components (other than vegetable or herbs) should not be consumed.
13. Seed performance is subject to growing conditions.
14. We have one Little Garden accessory available to purchase – a Little Garden Collector Tray, for storage and growing of Little Garden seedling kits will be available for purchase from New World stores from the start of the Promotional Period. Stock of the Little Garden Collector Tray at each New World store may vary and will only be available to purchase while stocks last.
Other things you should know
15. The Collectables have been produced under a licence from the relevant intellectual property owner or licensor. New World customers are not permitted by anyone associated with the Promotion, to copy, reproduce or otherwise alter any intellectual property rights residing in a Collectable or otherwise in the Promotion.
16. While New World customers may on-swap Collectables for free to enable collectors to obtain a complete set of Little Garden 2016 Collectables, Collectables (individual and sets) must not be on-sold.
17. Neither Foodstuffs nor any other person or party associated with the Promotion will be liable for any failure in the performance of the seeds to grow, any loss or damage whatsoever incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss and including loss caused by negligence) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the use or acceptance of any Collectable or Little Garden accessory sold, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
NEW WORLD Little Garden Swipe and Win Promotion
BE INTO WIN 1 of 20 Trips to Rarotonga or Win 1 of 138 Little Tractors
Entry into this prize draw constitutes acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs) is the promoter of the New World Little Garden be in to ‘Win 1 of 20 Trips to Rarotonga’ or ‘Win 1 of 138 Little Tractors’ promotion (Little Garden Swipe and Win Promotion) and will run at all New World supermarkets nationwide (New World).
2. The Little Garden Swipe and Win Promotion runs in conjunction with Little Garden 2016 for a limited time from Monday 12 September – Sunday 23 October 2016 (Promotion Period).
3. How to enter:
To be eligible to enter you must purchase one or more of the specified Promotional Products listed in clause 5 below, within the Promotion Period and scan your valid New World Clubcard, Fly Buys or Airpoints card at time of purchase. You will automatically receive one entry per Promotional Product purchased in a single transaction.
4. Promotional Products :
Promotional Products include those participating products listed and attached to these terms and conditions.
There are the following prizes to be won:
• 20x travel prizes to Rarotonga (RRP$5000) nationwide across New World stores (12 x travel prizes drawn in the North Island and 8 x travel prizes drawn in the South Island).
• 138x kids pedal ride on Little Tractor (RRP $300), one per New World store.
There will be two separate prize draws, one for the travel prizes and one for the Little Tractor prizes as set out below.
6. Travel Prize draw: A first random prize draw for the travel prizes will be conducted on or before Monday 31st October 2016 from all valid entries received nationwide and the first 20 valid entries drawn will be winners. Each winner will receive a travel prize of a NZD$5,000 House of Travel gift voucher. Winners can use the gift voucher to book the following travel package to Rarotonga:
a. Return airfares for 2 adults on any carrier available through House of Travel
b. Return airport transfers for 2 adults from the Rarotonga Airport – Ikurangi Eco Retreat. Return.
c. 5 nights in the ‘Luxury Tent’ at Ikurangi Eco Retreat in Rarotonga
d. Lagoon Cruise for 2 adults in Rarotonga
e. Tickets to Te Vara Nui Cultural Show and Village Tour for 2 adults in Rarotonga
f. Approximately NZD$700 for extras subject to the cost of the items above at the time of booking.
The package is subject to availability at the time of booking.
If a winner of the House of Travel gift card doesn’t wish to take up the Rarotonga package outlined above or wishes to alter the package or use the gift card for alternative travel to the value of NZD$5,000, they may do so subject to the travel being booked through House of Travel. Travel is subject to availability. All costs over the value of the NZD$5,000 gift card are the responsibility of the winner, including meals, spending money. House of Travel gift cards rules apply and can be found online at: www.houseoftravel.co.nz/house-of-travel-gift-card. The winners are responsible for ensuring they have valid passports and if required visas. House of Travel is happy to assist the winners with this process. Gift cards are valid for one year from issue date. If the winner is under 18 years of age they must travel with an adult in order to claim the prize.
7. Little Tractor Draw: A second random prize draw from remaining valid entries (winners of a travel prize will not be included in the Little Tractor prize draw) will be conducted on or before Monday 31 October 2016 and 138 winners will be drawn, one for each New World store from valid entries received per New World store, and each winner will win a Little Tractor kids toy pedal ride on tractor and safety helmet. The Little Tractor prize must be picked up from the New World store where it was won.
8. All prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
9. To the extent permitted by law, neither Foodstuffs, New World stores nor any of its agents associated with this Promotion take any responsibility for the quality of the prize once it has been issued to a winner, nor will they be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever incurred (including indirect or consequential loss and loss caused by negligence) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the acceptance and use of the prize.
10. We will make reasonable attempts to contact each winner drawn using their details held by Clubcard, Fly Buys or Airpoints however if a winner cannot be contacted within 10 days of the draw, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn on the same terms.
11. You agree to Loyalty New Zealand Limited who operates Fly Buys (‘Fly Buys’), Air New Zealand who operates Airpoints and Foodstuffs in relation to New World Clubcard, using your personal information for the purpose of conducting this promotion, to contact you if you are a winner and for future marketing and promotions.
12. A winner must take part in any publicity arranged by Foodstuffs or New World stores in association with this promotion and prize draw and consents to the Promoter using their name, image and location for publicity and promotional purposes (including display of their name in New World stores, on the New World website – newworld.co.nz, on the dedicated New World Little Garden website – littlegarden.co.nz and New World Facebook page).
13. To be eligible to win, your New World Clubcard, Fly Buys or Airpoints account details must be complete (including a phone number) and up to date.
14. All entries remain the property of the Promoter.
15. All personal information in relation to this promotion will be collected and stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
16. All decisions made by the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the promotion and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
18. Fly Buys membership Terms and Conditions apply to your use of your Fly Buys card and can be viewed at www.flybuys.co.nz.
19. Air New Zealand Airpoints membership Terms and Conditions apply to use of your Airpoints card and can be viewed at www.airnewzealand.co.nz.
20. New World Clubcard membership Terms and Conditions apply to use of your New World Clubcard and can be viewed at: www.newworld.co.nz/clubcard/clubcard-terms-and-conditions/clubcard-terms/
Any questions relating to this promotion should be referred to the Foodstuffs National Marketing Department on 09 621 1100 email@example.com who will be able to assist you.
New World Facebook timeline competition terms and conditions
1. Instructions on how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into a New World Facebook™ page post giveaway (“Promotion”) is deemed to be acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promotion is open to all New Zealand residents aged 13 and above, who are actually living in New Zealand.
3. Entry into the Promotion consists of an eligible entrant completing the details on the link or commenting on a Facebook post: once details are completed and the close off date has passed random entries will be picked and announced.
4. No entries will be accepted after the promotion period closes following the promotion page post. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt on the Facebook™ page and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
5. Each valid entrant will be notified as a winner on the New World page on Facebook™ on the corresponding promotion page post.
6. The prize winner(s) will be contacted by the promoter within 24 hours of the end of the promotion period during Mon-Fri, or on the following Monday if the promotion runs later than 5.00pm on a Friday.
7. The prizes are listed in the post. The value of the prize will be described (if possible) in the promotion page post.
8. If the winning entrant does not supply their contact details, including contact phone number and postage address, within 72 hours of being contacted via Facebook™ and reasonable measures have been taken by or on behalf of the promoter to make contact with the winner, that prize will be given away to another selected entry from all remaining valid entries received during the promotion period that week.
Prizes will be sent to the address provided by the winner.
9. In the event that any of the elements of the prize(s) become unavailable for any reason beyond the promoter's control, the promoter will endeavour to re-schedule the elements of the prizes as practicable or substitute prizes of equal value.
10. The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
11. The selection results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Promoter collects personal information such as contact details, postal addresses for the purpose of conducting the competition and for future marketing and promotional purposes.
13. By entering the promotion, you agree to the use of your name and the content of your page comment for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agree that the Promoter will own copyright for any such answers for all material.
14. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the promoter, its employees and agents and Facebook™ will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Promotion or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
15. The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions at any time.
16. The Promoter is not responsible for entries that are late, misdirected or lost and takes no responsibility for any entries not lodged correctly through the New World page on Facebook™.
17. The Promoter is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited, PO Box 27480, Mount Roskill, Auckland 1440, New Zealand.
18. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or the responsibility of, Facebook™. You understand that you are providing your information to the promoter. The information you provide will be held and used only for the purpose of this promotion.
Little Garden TVNZ Promotion
IMPORTANT: By entering this competition and uploading your photograph you:
• agree that Television New Zealand Limited (“TVNZ”) may broadcast, and Foodstuffs (NZ) Limited (the “Promoter”) and TVNZ may publish as they see fit, your uploaded photo, your first name and surname initial, the names of the people included in the photo, the location, and any other information included in your entry (including what you are growing);
• confirm that you own the intellectual property rights in the photo or have permission from the person who owns the intellectual property rights in this photo to use this photo in connection with the competition; and
• confirm that you have permission from anyone else featured in your photo (and if under 16 their parents or guardian’s permission) to use their image in connection with the competition.
You acknowledge that TVNZ and the Promoter (together “we”) will not be liable in connection with the usage/publication of your photo, and you agree to indemnify TVNZ and the Promoter for any claims associated with the usage/publication of the same.
1. How to enter and display of entries:
To enter the competition, you must:
• Enter on the Little Garden website, www.littlegarden.co.nz, by completing the form and uploading an image of your Little Garden seedling kit.
• Be a New Zealand resident.
• Be 16 years or older. If you’re under 16, your parents or guardians will have to agree to these terms and conditions and enter on your behalf. If you are under 18 (and you win a prize) the prize will be given to your parent/guardian (so be nice to them!).
All entries will be displayed at littlegarden.co.nz. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entry and/or not display an entry if it believes the entry is offensive or breaches any of these terms and conditions, including breaching another person’s intellectual property. To avoid disqualification, your image should not contain:
o anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive (such as alcohol, drugs, nudity, offensive language/gestures, gang insignia or weapons);
o any behavior that is unsafe; or
o any intellectual property of another person or business other than New World and Little Garden (such as another business’ logo or name).
2. When does the competition start: The competition commences when entries open online at littlegarden.co.nz on 16 September 2016 (‘Competition Start Date’).
3. What’s the prize? There are daily prizes of three $40 NZD New World Gift Cards which will be awarded to different daily winners (“Daily Winners”) and one grand prize of a $1,000 NZD New World Gift Card (“Grand Prize”).
• The first Daily Winners will be selected from all entries submitted from Competition Start Date until 14.00pm on 19 September 2016. Entries for each subsequent day will close at 14.00pm on that day and any entry submitted after 14.00pm will be included in the next day’s selection of Daily Winners. The last day for selecting Daily Winners will be Friday 14th October 2016 at 14.00pm.
• One winner will be selected for the Grand Prize from all valid entries received between Competition Start Date and 11.59pm on Sunday 16 October 2016. Only valid entries received during this time will be accepted.
4. Choosing and announcing winners.
a) The Daily Prize winners will be determined by TVNZ and the Promoter at their sole and absolute discretion.
• Daily Winners will be selected on the basis of creativity and innovation which showcases Little Garden in the best light as determined by TVNZ and the Promoter at their sole and absolute discretion. No correspondence will be entered into.
b) The Grand Prize winner will be selected on 17 October 2016 randomly from all valid entries received from Competition Start Date until 11.59pm on Sunday 16 October 2016
c) A selection of Daily Winners will be showcased on One News each night at approximately 6.50pm. The Grand Prize winner will be contacted by phone.
d) The Promoter will contact you via email or phone if you are a winner and if they can’t get hold of any prize winner within 48 hours of being selected, they will have to select another winner. So make sure you check your email and keep your phone handy.
5. Promoter. The Promoter will provide the prizes directly. TVNZ won’t be responsible for any failure of the Promoter to provide the prizes.
STANDARD TERMS FOR ENTRANTS
6. The competition details above and these competition rules form the terms and conditions for the competition (the Rules).
7. By entering the competition, you agree to the Rules. If you don’t agree to them, please don’t enter.
8. TVNZ or the Promoter can cancel or change the competition or any of the Rules at any time for any reason. Changes will take effect when they are posted in the Rules.
9. TVNZ has the final say on the competition and the Rules.
10. You’re not allowed to enter this competition if you’re connected to TVNZ or the competition.This applies to employees of TVNZ and TVNZ’s .advertising agency.It also applies to these people’s immediate families and flatmates.
11. Unless we’ve stated otherwise, only one competition entry per person per day please.
12. We can disqualify you if we think that you have breached any of the Rules. But we’re nice, so we’ll be fair about it.
13. You agree we can keep your entry, and use it however we want (including to promote TVNZ, the Promoter and the competition) including publishing it on their websites and Facebook pages. This includes photos and other information you submit with your entry.
14. You agree that we can publish your name, location and entry in connection with the competition. You also agree to participate in publicity for this promotion including that we can take photos and videos of you to use for publicity purposes.
15. We won’t be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you or anyone else in connection with the competition or your use of a prize (if you win).
16. Sometimes things don’t go as planned. If our competition is derailed for any reason, like infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or zombie apocalypse, we’ll have the right to cancel, postpone or change the competition.
18. These Rules and the competition will be run under NZ law.
STANDARD TERMS FOR WINNERS
19. If we can’t get hold of you, we’ll have to select another winner. So make sure you check your email and keep your phone handy!
20. For some competitions we may need to do further checks to make sure you’re eligible. You agree to help us out with that.
21. Unfortunately prizes can’t be traded in for cash.
22. If you’re disqualified for any breach of these Rules (e.g. we find out you don’t match the eligibility criteria), we’ll choose another winner.
23. The terms and conditions applicable to New World Gift Cards (as attached to the Gift Card) are applicable.